Painting Titles •
Buy the Book
• Contemporary New York artist presents mid-career oil paintings.
• Self-taught: inspiration from Stone Age Art through Contemporary Art.
• Self-study of art: 1972-1975, including 1½ years in Europe.
• Drawing from models: 1975-1978, Berkeley, CA.
• Painting/drawing: 1978-present, New York City and Upstate New York.
• My present body of work, since 1978, includes over 3,000 oil paintings.
• Evolution of my painting style: from expressionistic figuration, progressing to fauve abstraction.
• Impetus in my work: color, movement, keeping each painting alive, expressive freedom.
• Major painting influences: Chaim Soutine, Willem de Kooning, Franz Kline, Rex Ashlock, Vincent van Gogh, Mark Rothko, Georges Roualt, Max Beckmann, Pierre Bonnard, Claude Monet.
• Gallery affiliation: none.
• Awards, honors, acclaim: none—none sought.
• I am selling my artwork for the pleasure of those who cannot afford gallery prices.
• See the painting titles to my work, provided by my brother Ron, a fan of contemporary art.
• To make a purchase: please enter the number of the painting you wish to purchase below, then click the PayPal button. PayPal is a secure website for payment and no account is needed.
• Price per painting (includes sales tax): $400.
• Free shipping within the U.S. via Parcel Post or UPS. For shipping outside of the U.S. contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• All paintings are the originals and are oil on canvas with minor amounts of mixed media.
• The dimensions of the paintings (shown as height x width) are in inches and are approximate within ½ inch.
• Paintings are unmounted, with approximately a 2-inch border maintained on all sides for mounting purposes. Paintings are shipped rolled.
• Paintings are returnable for a full refund of the purchase price within 30 days after delivery. If returned, paintings must be in original condition and as originally packaged. Please ensure that the painting is rolled around its tube support with the painted surface facing outwards from the tube support—this prevents damaging compression of the paint. The cost of return shipping is the customer’s responsibility.
• I retain the copyright to my artwork.
The following links are to sites with artwork by and information about some of the modern artists that have influenced my painting.
• Chaim Soutine—each stroke of paint is alive; impassioned handling of paint.
• Willem de Kooning—influenced by Soutine; fluid, expressive use of paint and space.
• Franz Kline—seemingly simple but strongly monumental work.
• Rex Ashlock—moving distortion of space; sensitive colorist.
• Mark Rothko—vibrating, breathing, emotive color; monumental work.